Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How can I set it that I can show sidebars on my /blog page and nowhere else?

Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:13 AM
X-Evolutionist

41 posts · Mar 2010
Californian living in Oklahoma City
Hi!

First off, I am really digging my Atahualpa theme! I'm happy I don't have to hack into the php pages to show sidebars just on certain pages. Thanks for all the foresight in the design!

I am using the right and left INNER sidebars for info I only want on the "website" portion of my site made with static pages. That looks fine and I'm happy with it.

But, my blog is shown on a static page at /blog. How can I show the right and left REGULAR sidebars (not inners as above) on the /blog without it effecting the other static pages? If I try to click options to show the right and left sidebars on the blog, then they show everywhere so that I have four sidebars on my website static pages. I even list the pages that I do not want the left and right sidebars on:

RIGHT and LEFT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:
377,5,483,484,485,396,486,492,493,497,495,496,498, 499

How can I set it that I can show the left and right sidebars on my /blog and nowhere else?

Thank you,

X
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would try select to show on Homepage (see instructions) and perhaps show on category, archive, tag pages etc. I would want to play around with those setting but it looks like Homepage is the main one according to what I read there.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 04:39 PM
X-Evolutionist

41 posts · Mar 2010
Californian living in Oklahoma City
Thank you for your response. The problem is that my blog is on a page at/ blog. If a sidebar shows on my blog, it shows on the other pages also.

X