Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Disable post thumbnail in excerpts

Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:08 AM
pranzyt

21 posts · Jun 2010
Hi,

I have a little different issue since everyone wants to show post thumbnails but I want to disable it. The reason is I already have a plugin to control excerpt that shows thumbnail. However, by default atahualpa is also showing the post thumbnail in excerpts making it double post thumbnails. I want to completely disable the post thumbnail throught atahaulpa. I tried to set image height and width to 0 in manage thumbnail section to no avail.

How can I do it??

Last edited by pranzyt; Jun 3, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have all BUGFIX's applied for your release of Atahualpa? (Check the 'New Version & Updates' forum and it's sub forum)
what version of Aahualpa and WP?
what plugin are you using?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 3, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
pranzyt

21 posts · Jun 2010
Hi Sir,

Thanks for dropping by. I'm using Atahaulpa 3.6.4 and WP 3.1 versions.

I'm using amazon product post plugin called "Reviewazon". The plugin automatically create featured image for amazon product post and manages the archives too. I actually need the post thumbnail from this plugin since it has the title tag of the post and also the thumbnail link can be set to both inside own wordpress or the amazon product page.

Having said that, atahaulpa is also creating the post thumbnail side by side with the thumbnail image from plugin which I do not need at the moment.

How can I completely disable the post thumbnail from archives only?

Thanking you,
Ranzyt Paul
Old Jun 4, 2011, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have all the 364 bugfixs applied? (Found in the 'New Versions, & Updating' forum with titles starting 'BUGFIX 364-nn')
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:10 AM
pranzyt

21 posts · Jun 2010
No Sir, I was unaware about those. I will do it now. Thanks!! but I wonder if my issue has to do with the bugs. Atleast I havent learnt yet in your bug fixes.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:32 PM
crateov

18 posts · Dec 2012
Was this ever resolved? I was wondering because I wanted to disable the thumbnails.

Using the latest versions of both theme and wordpress

site is crateov.com
Old Jan 3, 2013, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you could go to ato->Post THUMBNAILS and set 'Post Thumbnail Width' and 'Post Thumbnail Height' to '1' and set 'Crop Post Thumbnails?'' to 'Yes' and it will effectivaly get rid of the thrumnails.

or you can do this by editing bfa_post_parts.php and changing line 149 (in version 3.7.10) from
HTML Code:
		     if(has_post_thumbnail()): ?>
to

HTML Code:
		     if(FALSE): ?>

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 3, 2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:44 AM
crateov

18 posts · Dec 2012
Thank you sir!

I set everything to 0 and thought that would work, but it make sense more if it had an actual number.