Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Changing the height of side "border" in widgets

Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:44 AM
jenny_li

15 posts · May 2010
Hi,

I'm trying to change the height of the little colored border that marks each item in a text-widget - I find the borders come too close to one-another and makes it hard to see where one ends and the next one begins...

So - for better readability, I'd like just one more pixel of space in between each new border/bullet/thingy.

But how do I do that? I tried fiddling with line-height, but the borders seemed to follow the line-height, so that just made the borders higher too...

Thanks in advance!
//Jenny - http://himmelochord.se
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could add more padding as a css insert
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:20 AM
jenny_li

15 posts · May 2010
Ah - ok, thanks! But how do I write that, then? I'm so lost in these different code-types and how to combine them... *blush*

//Jenny
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div.widget_pages ul li, div.widget_categories ul li {
    padding: 6px 0 0 0 !important;
}
the first number is for top padding, next is right then bottom and finally left