Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] HTML code appearing above header - how to remove?

Old May 4, 2013, 08:30 AM
kayinda

2 posts · May 2013
Hi all,

Hope somebody can help me with this. my website is http://orgoniseyourself.com/ and I am using atahualpa version 3.7.10.

My question is about the characters " /> that appear at the very top of the page. I have no idea how they got there - I have not tinkered with the custom css or html options, or with the actual php or css files in Editor. I can locate the characters in the source code of the page, and assumed I would be able to fix it by deleting those characters from index.php, but no such luck. The index.php file is very short and unlike any other Wordpress theme I have worked with (albeit I'm quite a beginner at this). I've looked through all the php files in Editor and still can't find anything!

Can anyone help me locate and remove the offending characters?

Many thanks!
Old May 4, 2013, 08:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see if it is a plugin - disable ALL our plugins at the same time and look at the page again.
Old May 4, 2013, 09:21 AM
kayinda

2 posts · May 2013
Thanks for the help, juggledad. I disabled the recent plugins I've installed, and turns out that All in One Webmaster was the culprit! I can't really remember why I installed it and I don't think I will need it for now, so that solves my problem!

Isn't it just great when you spend hours and hours looking for a solution to a problem, and then find out it only takes one simple click to fix it? I should have joined the forum much sooner!!!