Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Number of Post

Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:18 PM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
I can't change the number of post to show only 10 post per page. Is there a fix somewhere. Right now my blog is showing at least 20 or more postings. I spoke with my host this morning and they told me that is the reason why my site was loading very slow.

Is there someway to hide the tags under the post and they would be only visible if the post is read full summary.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2009, 05:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see WP Dashboard->Settings->Reading->Blog pages show at most __ posts
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:28 PM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
That setting has stop working on my blog...I had it set at 7 post.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of wp and Atahualpa?
Are you displaying full posts or excerpts?

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 23, 2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 05:17 AM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
I am using WP 2.8.2 and showing excerpts. By the way I finally figured out how to remove tags from showing on the blog post. I had to keep re-reading the information because at first it all looked the same to me. I am not sure what to with the blank entries but I figure that out later.

I have never had this much control over my theme before using your fabulous theme.

Last edited by dee; Jul 23, 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: add more info to my reply
Old Jul 23, 2009, 05:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's Flynn's theme, I just help out answering questions.

1) What version of Atahualpa?
2) What have you got set at dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts?
3) what do you have set at
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on HOME page?
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:23 AM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
it's Flynn's theme, I just help out answering questions.

1) What version of Atahualpa? v3.42
2) What have you got set at dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts? 7 post
3) what do you have set at
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on HOME page? Excerpts
-- ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Show the first X posts on HOME page as full posts? excerpts
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try switching to the default theme and see if it ignores the dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most x posts? setting

I can't reproduce this at this point
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:02 AM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
I did everything that you have advised. One last question concerning post: Could it be that the number of post are not showing because I used sticky on at least 35 post entries. I kept re-reading the question why do I use sticky? Well, I check all of the edit post and there are at least 35 post that have sticky attached to them. When I go to my 4th page of my blog...the 7 post are consistent from there. Should I go back and take sticky off of the post?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:21 AM
dee

14 posts · Jul 2009
Maryland
juggledad, you actually had a fix for my comment problem the first time you answered my question. It was the sticky attached to at at least 35 posting that kept showing up on my front page. Go figure...it is fixed. Thanks for the help...I will be back! Hoooooray!