Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

"Leave a comment" link

Old Aug 9, 2011, 05:00 AM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
"Leave a comment" link

Hi,
I am trying to configure a button/link on Multi-Post pages so that in the footer there is always a link with "Leave a comment"

In "Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS" one can use the %comment tag, but that will display various texts, depending on the status of the current postcomments:

I.e.:
August 8th, 2011 | Category: Recepies | 6 comments

I would like this line to look like this:

August 8th, 2011 | Category: Recepies | 6 comments | Leave a comment

Suggestions ?
Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The leave a comment will show up IF the post allows comments.

There are a couple options in WordPress to control options, and you can set the number of days till commenting is shut off automatically. So
1) go to the dashboard->settings->discussion and review your settings
2) go to dashboard->posts->all post->edit (the post in question) and review the discussion settings
(if you don't see this section check your screen options)
Old Aug 9, 2011, 05:36 AM
kpkes@yahoo.com

24 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks Juggledad,

I understand the basic settings: discussion is setup and working.

The question is, how can I configure a link in Multi-Post display so the "FOOTER: Multi Post Pages" always shows a link "Leave a comment". The %comment(,,,,)% tag will display different texts, if no comments are posted, if one comment is posted or nothing if comments are closed.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit the text and change it to 'One Comment - Leave a Comment'