Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Right Sidebar Not Seeing Widget Changes

Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
nroubal

4 posts · Aug 2010
I am working on Atahualpa 3.5.1 and WP 3.0.0 and am in the process of modifying my sidebars. My goal is to have the right sidebar only, with a Search, Text, and Feed widget.

My ATA settings are to only display the Right Sidebar on every page and hide the remaining sidebars. The sidebar settings in ATA are correct, and it is displaying the Right Sidebar at 200px as desired.

The trouble I am having is that when I trying to modify the Right sidebar the changes widget changes do not take effect. Even if I remove all widgets from the Right sidebar, it still displays the same widget.

In some testing, I discovered the both Left sidebar and Left Inner sidebar work as expected - when a widget is added, the widget displays. The Right sidebar and Right Inner sidebar are both NOT seeing the updates.

Any suggestions???
Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Check to see if you have a caching plugin that could cause the behavior you are seeing. If so, flush the cache and check it again
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:06 PM
nroubal

4 posts · Aug 2010
I have no caching plugins installed... I was thinking it was somehow an issue with the cache, but what seems strange to me is that the left sidebars both respond to changes but neither of the right sidebars are responding. Even with the widget removed from the Right sidebar, it continues to show the widget.

Is there a way to flush the cache OOTB for the sidebars/widgets?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmm, if you would like me to take a look, send me a PM with the URL, admin ID and pw.
This doesn't make sence. If you don't have any widget in the right sidebar, you should get the wordpress default ones, but as soon as you add one, you should see it there
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
nroubal

4 posts · Aug 2010
juggledad, I PM'd the login information if you get a chance to take a look.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Just took a look. Had to do some digging but I found your problem. For some reason, you have changed footer.php and just put in html.

Since Footer.php builds the right and inner right sidebars and then the footer, you will never see the atahualpa footer built.

You may want to review it and upload a fresh copy of the theme.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 02:35 AM
nroubal

4 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks that fixed it - I had been modifying the footer.php to customize the footer, but did not take into account that this would also effect the sidebars. Reverted to original footer.php file, solved.

Thanks so much!