Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to remove parent slug from child page's permalink?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 29, 2009, 03:44 PM
Tarzanna77

10 posts · Apr 2009
How to remove parent slug from child page's permalink?

How can I remove parent slug from child page's permalink? This may not be Atahualpa specific, but I can't figure out how to do it... Perhaps there is a plugin that might work?

I use pages (ie. not posts) that are setup as children of a parent page. In my menu bar navigation they appear as

/services/page1.html
/services/page2.html
/services/page3.html

Where what I want is:
/page1.html
/page2.html
/page3.html

(I'm using the "html-on-pages" plugin to add the .html since I'm moving this site over from another server and this is the site structure it currently has.)

Is there anyway to accomplish what I'm looking to do? I've considered NOT using the parent/child option, but I can't have all the actual page names in my navigation, there are way too many and too long. I NEED to be able to use the drop down feature, but I would prefer NOT to have the extra parent name in the url.