Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] (CSS?) Styling help needed for job manager plugin.I'm almost done,but have h

Old Jul 27, 2011, 06:48 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Before I start, if any of the moderators read this, I did try to post this in the 'styling' forum, but it said I needed to donate, which I have done.. does this need to be activated for me?
[Moderator note: the 'Styling' forum is a sub-forum of the FAQ forum and is closed to threads]

My questions.. I have a new job/recruitment website on my test development running on Atahualpa 3.6.7 and WordPress 3.1.3 and am using a plugin called Job Manager to add the jobs. It is a brilliant plgin and have almost configured it to how I want it, but am struggling with the last few bits. I have asked the author too and posted on the wordpress forum, but he seems really busy and has not replied to all my answers (yet) so I was hoping any of you genius's would be able to figure these out for me..

1. iyou will see I am getting there with the styling (I'm doing this part time so it does take me longer than the average designer/developer) , but when you hover over any job, you will see I changed the background colour, however, the middle part stays white.. I came across this too when I tried to change the background for highlighted jobs, but moved away from that in the end. Things I've done to try to change the background colour to transparent so I can change it to anything with CSS if need be, is looking up the CSS code via firebug and putting this into my CSS inserts:

Quote:
table.job-table tbody {
background: transparent !important;
}
div#content fieldset div.job1 table.job-table{
background: transparent !important;
}
That didn't make any difference, nor did changing this in the plugin's display.css (I couldn't find anything else relating to any background in any of the other job manager files..) :
Quote:
table.highlighted {
background-color: transparent;
}
table.jobs-table tr.highlighted td{
background-color: transparent;
}
i also tried to set the tables and the div's inside the tables (in job manager/settings/display settings) to a transparent background AND set the fieldset that I am using for the styling to a transparent background - even tried to put the fieldset in div's with a transparent background, all to no avail . Anyone got any idea how I can change this?

2. There is too much space at the top and bottom of each job. in fact, when you roll over and see the white background within the coloured background, you will see exactly how much I'd like to see 'shaved off' and would just like to display the size of the white background. I've tried playing around with setting top, right, bottom, left margins to 0 and top, right, bottom, left paddings to 0 within the fieldset to no avail. with Firebug I can also not find how to style this separately. Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

3. Is it possible to have a slideshow of some sort at the top of the page or in a sidebar (not the standard sidebar widget - unless I can style it as a slideshow..?), showing the titles of the highlighted jobs? Something that could use conditionals perhaps.. like something similar to what I sue currently in the job display:
Quote:
[if_job_highlighted]<font size="3" color="red">FEATURED JOB: </font> [job_link][job_title][/job_link][/if_job_highlighted]
? I would like it too look something like their current website where it says 'featured jobs' here http://corriganbentley.co.uk/executive/

4. Is it possible to style the drop down menu widget (with current vacancies) for the sidebar? My client would like the different divisions to be colour coded in a table..

5. Currently it says [register] at the top of my register pages, anyone know how can I get rid of this?

Hope anyone can come up with anything, I have struggled and tried and googled all sorts of different things now and have hit a wall..

Thanks for looking an replying

Last edited by mafgirl; Jan 19, 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: putting code in quotes to make it easier to read
Old Jul 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try changing some of the setting in ATO>Style tables perhaps taking off zebra striping and setting hover color.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:50 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Oh Larry, thank you!!

I had zebra style off already, but changed all the colours to transparent which worked perfectly! That is question number 1 solved

As for question number 2 about the margin/padding of the job lists or fieldset.. I noticed in ATO/Style Tables there were some margins/paddings there that I initially set to 0. This helped a little, but there is still quite a large space at the top and bottom of each job.. any other ideas? I ended up setting the padding for the
HTML Code:
<table>
at 2 as it looked too squashed otherwise.

Anyone have any idea about question numbers 3, 4 & 5 ( a slideshow with conditional statements, style a drop down menu and get rid of the word
HTML Code:
[register]
on the pages where registration is needed) ?

Thank you again for solving the first mystery Larry, I had never thought of that

Last edited by mafgirl; Jul 28, 2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like the spacing you are talking about can be handled with CSS. I use Firebug with Firefox to determine the selectors and then start playing with various CSS within Firebug to see how it affects things virtually. Then if I find the right combo I cut and paste it into CSS Inserts.

The [Register] looks like a menu item.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:54 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hi Larry,

Thank you! By the time you posted this, I had done exactly that
So it is all sorted now and looking like I want it to!
Last night uploaded my local WAMP site to the live site and it is all looking different in IE (9)....
Have started a new topic as it is not related to this one.. :http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...0482#post70482