Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Private Pages/Posts etc For Certain Users Only

Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:50 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
Private Pages/Posts etc For Certain Users Only

First: my apologies if this is a WordPress issue. Not sure, being a newbie to both WP and Atahualpa.

I'm building a gratis community website for the Beechwood Billycart Classic. This event has an organising committee. I'd like to let them Register as a User with certain privileges, eg adding posts, pages etc, BUT in a "Organisers Only" area of the website.

I've been reading up on "Roles and Capabilities" at wordpress.org, maybe making them "Authors" would do the trick, but I don't really know.

However, how can I make a whole section of the site only available to these Organisers? This would be an area which is not publicly accessible, but let organisers access it to discuss issues solely to do with organising the event. Maybe create a separate subdomain???

As I don't know where to start, I was hoping to get a few suggestions on how to go about this, or links to other resources that I could study.

MTIA
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sounds like you really want a forum for the organizers - have you thought about something like the Simple:Press forum plugin? (http://simplepressforum.com/download/)

I've never tried it, but it sounds like it might do what you want.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:39 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
Thanks, yes, a forum may be the way to go. Is it possible to restrict it to my registered WP users only?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I beleive there is from what little I looked at it. But for mor information; you'll need to look at the doc, webpage and play with it. Good luck