Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Which major blogs use Atahualpha ?

Old Jun 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Hi

I would love to know which major blogs use Atahualpa as their theme. I have a small site at www.intervenors.ca.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 02:02 PM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober
Hi

I would love to know which major blogs use Atahualpa as their theme. I have a small site at www.intervenors.ca.
I've often wondered the same.

Like your site.

Katy.

Last edited by KatyDigg; Jul 4, 2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How would you define 'major blog'?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 02:33 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Any site that has atleast 1000 page views per day. I did not mean in the alexa top 100 or 500 but just any site that is relatively famous. I've noticed that atahualpa loads comparitively slow on shared hosting. if I can see it used by a "major" site which ideally will be on a dedicated server and is fast, then I could do the same for an upcoming project. If the load timings are the same even on a dedicated server then I guess I ...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't think there is any way to determine that since anyone can download the theme from WordPress and does not have to be a forum member. So there is no tracking and the only way you might know is to look at the source of one of the pages.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 02:52 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
I just converted www.jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor to a WordPress site with Atahualpa 3.6.7. (Jerry Pournelle: famous science fiction author, and Byte columnist from way back. Arguably has the first blog, since he's been doing that for decades.)

His Wordpress-based blog just went live last weekend. His daily page view count is around 8000.

He composes items in Word 2007/blog mode, then Publishes from there. (He's not quite ready to work with content in WP-editor mode.) We're still tweaking the design a bit; one major 'wish' is to have a 'weekly' view (Sunday through Saturday).

Site is at www.jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor.

Another site with average 2000-2500 views/day is www.thebbqgrail.com A great place for anything related to BBQ. That one has been active for more than a year.

Have done many WP-Atuhualpa-based sites. Some with e-commerce.

Rick....*big* fan of Atahualpa.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 4, 2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: fixed double url's
Old Jul 4, 2011, 03:27 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks rickheck, for those sites. Every atahualpa website is different, thanks to the exhaustive options.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
bardium

2 posts · Mar 2011
My site, dailycapitalist.com