Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Other BFA WordPress Themes »

Page title meta tag encoding issue

Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:46 AM
pretenuomului

1 posts · Jul 2009
Page title meta tag encoding issue

This MAY be considered a bug, but it's actually a simple encoding issue I've discovered and thought I'd share.

Config:

Wordpress 2.8.2
Atahualpa 3.4.1 with

"Use bytes for all SEO options?"-enabled
"Meta Title Tag format" = `Page Title`

Symptoms:

If any of the strings that would become part of page title meta tag (post name, category name, search name etc.) contains non-ASCII chars, the output is messed up like so:
Code:
'ţeavă' becomes 'Å£eavÄ�'
This DOES NOT occur when switching back to the default theme.

Solution:

In bfa_meta_tags.php, the htmlentities() call on lines 75 and 83 needs a the third parameter specified as 'UTF-8':
Code:
$bfa_ata_page_title = htmlentities(single_cat_title('', false),ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
$bfa_ata_page_title = htmlentities(wp_specialchars($s),ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
This will solve the issue.

Hope this helps those using the theme in languages using funny chars. Perhaps it would be a good idea to fix this directly in the official release.