Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Required Fields for Comments Auto Fill In

Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
eschy12

2 posts · Jul 2009
Required Fields for Comments Auto Fill In

Hi,

What I am trying to do is make my comment box just have one user controlled field: comment_author

I then want the comment.php file to take that comment_author field, and have the comment_author_email automatically generated using the format comment_author@mydomainname.com

Ex: If they type in their name as JOESMITH, I want the "comment-author-email" field to automatically be filled in as JOESMITH@mydomainname.com. I don't want that to be a visible, editable field.

I hope this makes sense. I can usually fudge my way through editing, but not this time.

Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you literally want it as 'mydomainname.com'? Say the was 'thexyzblog.com' would and 'johndoe' posted a comment, do you want the address to be
1) johndoe@mydomainname.com
or
2) johndoe@thexyzblog.com
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:37 PM
eschy12

2 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Do you literally want it as 'mydomainname.com'? Say the was 'thexyzblog.com' would and 'johndoe' posted a comment, do you want the address to be
1) johndoe@mydomainname.com
or
2) johndoe@thexyzblog.com
Sorry for not specifying. I'd use my domain name, mremath.org. I'd want everyone's e-mail address to be WHATEVERTHEYTYPED@mremath.org.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In order to do this you will have to edit both an Atahualpa module (comments.php) and a Wordpress module wp-comments-post.php. This is more than a quick fix.

If you want to hire me to do it, send me a private message.