Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

using dynamic header in header.php

Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:41 AM
izzysanime

7 posts · Jan 2010
I wanted to set Dynamic headers to have a specific image per page. I installed the plug in, but I'm not quite sure where to put the code in the theme. I went into header.php and placed into the header area, but it messes up the site. When I mean mess up, i mean getting php error codes like "an unexpected ...."

Here is the header area in the header.php file:

PHP Code:
// Header Image
if ( strpos($header_items,'%image') !== FALSE ) {

$bfa_header_images bfa_rotating_header_images();

$header_image '<div id="imagecontainer" class="header-image-container" style="background: url(' 

$bfa_header_images[array_rand($bfa_header_images)] . ') ' $bfa_ata['headerimage_alignment'] . ' no-repeat;">';

$header_image .= ($bfa_ata['header_image_clickable'] == "Yes" '<div class="clickable">
        <a class="divclick" title="' 
$bfa_ata['bloginfo_name'] . '" href ="' $bfa_ata['get_option_home'] . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' '' );

if ( 
$bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_left'] != '' ) { 

$header_image .= '<div class="opacityleft">&nbsp;</div>';
        }

if ( 
$bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != AND $bfa_ata['header_opacity_right'] != '' ) { 

$header_image .= '<div class="opacityright">&nbsp;</div>';
        }

// END: If Header Opacity 

if ( $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_title'] == "Yes" OR $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes" ) {

$header_image .= '<div class="titleoverlay">' 
            ( 
$bfa_ata['overlay_blog_title'] == "Yes" '<h' $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . ' class="blogtitle"><a href="' $bfa_ata['get_option_home'] . '/">' 

$bfa_ata['bloginfo_name'] . '</a></h' $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'] . '>' '' ) . ( $bfa_ata['overlay_blog_tagline'] == "Yes" '<p class="tagline">' 

$bfa_ata['bloginfo_description'] . '</p>' '' ) . '</div>';
        }

$header_image .= '</div>';

There is also another part in header.php

PHP Code:
<!-- Header -->
    <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

</td>
    <!-- / Header -->
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Josh
Old Feb 13, 2010, 05:53 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
I'm trying to use this plug-in too. I just inserted the code in right after the meta tags and it's working. Sort of. Because now I've got two header images. How can I get rid of the one generated by the Atahualpa theme?

And what is weird too is that my header.php file does not have that first block of code that you included in your post. It only appears to have the second snippet.

Never mind. I found my answer in a different thread.

Last edited by PixelGraphixDesign; Feb 13, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you looked at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5728 - post # 3