Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Website appears messed up in Safari 1.3.2

Old Mar 9, 2009, 06:04 AM
PittFunck

13 posts · Mar 2009
Zurich
Hello,

my website (in construction) appears completely messed up in the old Safari 1.3.2:

Since it works fine in all other browsers, it's probably a bug of Safari 1.3.2, but maybe some visitors still use this old browser version -- so is there a workaround?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Pitt
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like that version has a market share of less than 0.01% - it's not even listed here http://marketshare.hitslink.com/brow...e.aspx?qprid=2

Browser compatibility is very important to me, I want Atahualpa to have a 99.x % browser coverage, and I would never brush off a browser issue as "that browser has a bug" (because they all have one bug or another and it's up to the theme developer to make them all work) but I have no way of testing that browser since I have no Mac and even if I had I am not sure if I could install that side by side with newer Safari versions (could I?). I plan to buy a cheap Mac though as soon as I have the funds. I am currently testing Safari on XP.

Does this happen with a default Atahualpa 3 as well (it seems you made some changes)?

How do other WP themes hold up in that browser?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:04 PM
djmom70

14 posts · Mar 2009
I also use Safari on an old emac at work. I'm not sure which version of it, but my blog also appears completely messed up and then I can't even click any of the links in the sidebar. I used to use a modified version of "Desk Mess" (avail at Wordpress) and had no problems with it showing up correctly in Safari, so I'm not sure what the problem is (especially since I have so little knowledge of CSS and html.)

Yet, I've tested it on Safari on my imac at home and have no problems.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
djmom70

14 posts · Mar 2009
Yep, my Safari at work is the same version. And for some reason, I can't update it, but I also don't have administrator rights on that computer, which is probably why.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:17 PM
johansson

4 posts · Mar 2009
In Safari 1.3.2 my blog becomes wider than any computer screen and with no horisontal scrollbar it becomes practically unreadable.