Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How to put space between footer and last post on home page and category pages ?

Old Mar 6, 2011, 05:31 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I have been trying to add a margin-top: 10px; to have space between the footer and the last post on my home page and category pages. I added this in the style footer option but that doesn't make the change even though I am seeing it in the code. I am using atahualpa 3.5.3 with latest wordpress version.I have made this possible on single post pages by adding bottom margin to the next/previous box in the bootom but cannot figure out how to add margin to the footer box. My site is at http://learnsignlanguageonline.org/
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The footer is a table cell so you can't just move it like that. There are some other threads that address this issue and one way I have done it is to create a faux footer with a div in the footer area.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:19 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Could you please give me the code to create that faux footer.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 02:43 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was afraid you were going to ask that as I don't remember the specifics. I think what I did though was not put the div in the footer area but put it in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>HTML Inserts: Body Bottom and then style accordingly. Something like
HTML Code:
<div id="fauxfooter">Footer Content</div>
I decided to do a quick search of the forum as well as I knew this had been dealt with and came up with this thread that has some code examples.

As you can see there are often several ways a particular issue can be addressed.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:19 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I have tried the last solution given at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ht=footer+body and that even is not working in my case. Replied on that thread also. I thought this would be a relatively easy one but ...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to create your own footer and get rid of the styling for the existing footer. When Larry said
HTML Code:
<div id="fauxfooter">Footer Content</div>
you should replace Footer Content with your footer code. You added a
HTML Code:
<div id="myfooter">&nbsp;</div>
you need to replace the '&nbsp;' with your code and then style it properly