Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header Issues

Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:29 AM
Cathy131

30 posts · Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia
[SOLVED] Header Issues

Hi there
I've been working on my blog for several days now, and I can't seem to find the answer to the following:

I'd like the left and right hand side of the header image to be purple (#91IEC3) or I'm happy to put an image (of me!) on the left and leave the right purple.
How do I figure out how wide the centre column is so I can adjust my header image to match?
How do I get my table in the middle of the centre column and change the background to white to match the background colour of the centre column?

As you're surfing 'round my site, feel free to offer suggetions

Thanks heaps
Cathy
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) at ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style set the background to your purple. That will set the background of the site, everything gets placed over the background (if you make the things you place over the background. transparent, then the purple will show thru)

2) figuring out the size of the center- it depends (I use to drive my kids crazy because I seem to always start an answer that way) it depends on wether you are using a fixed width page or fluid width. For a fixed width page, the center area is the page width (defined at ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT->Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)) minus the width of the right and left sidebars...unless on some pages you arn't displaying teh sidebars or only one side of the sidebars, then the center is the page width minus what ever sidebars are being displayed.

If the page width is fluid, then there is no way to determine how widt teh center colum is because it depends on how wide the viewer makes the page.

3) to center the table try putting a <div id="mytable" class="align-center">...</div> around the table, then you can use CSS to stle the color

Your logo comes out blured, get a better copy.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Or if you just want a color behind your logo put
HTML Code:
background: #91IEC3;
in the "Logo Area: Styling" in the "Style and edit HEADER AREA" tab
Old Nov 26, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cathy131

30 posts · Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guys
Thanks for your help got the background colour sorted.

Unfortunately, the table is still an issue. This is the HTML code around it:

<table class="c2" style="height: 57px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="407" align=center>
<tbody>
<tr style="text-align: left;">
<td>
<ul>
<li><span class="c1">Neck/back pain</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Headaches</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Stress</span></li>
</ul>
</td>
<td>
<ul>
<li><span class="c1">Muscle soreness</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Sports injuries</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Pregnancy pain</span></li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>

Can anyone see errors in there?

@juggledad - where do you suggest inserting <div id="mytable" class="align-center">...</div>?
Working on a better logo. Do you recommend a particular px size and/or DPI ratio?

Thanks
Cathy
Old Nov 26, 2009, 06:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this
HTML Code:
<div id="mytable" class="align-center">
<table class="c2" style="height: 57px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="407" align=center>
<tbody>
<tr style="text-align: left;">
<td>
<ul>
<li><span class="c1">Neck/back pain</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Headaches</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Stress</span></li>
</ul>
</td>
<td>
<ul>
<li><span class="c1">Muscle soreness</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Sports injuries</span></li>
<li><span class="c1">Pregnancy pain</span></li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
</div>
Why are you using a '<span class="c1">' ?
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:53 PM
Cathy131

30 posts · Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia
cos I don't know any better?! . I plugged the HTML in to an online code checker and it came up with this suggestions. Perhaps not such a good idea?

I've added <div id="mytable" class="align-center"> at the beginning of the code and </div> at the end as suggested but it didn't make any changes.

Cathy
Old Nov 27, 2009, 05:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Cathy, I just looked at the generated source for your site. It's a mess! You have a second </head> <body> and it looks like you put them in a post!?!?!
----------------------------------------------------------------
<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle">
<div class="post-4 page hentry category-uncategorized post" id="post-4">
<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"><style type="text/css">
p.c3 {text-align:center;}
span.c2 {color:#333333;}
span.c1 {font-size:12pt;font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;}
</style>
<p></head><br />
<body></p>

----------------------------------------------------------------
You need to get a basic understanding of how HTML, CSS, and WordPress work, which is more than can be offered here. You need to do a little homework.

Check out this thread for a starting place http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3845