Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Adding a Loop to "Below the Loop"

Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
stumpadelic

1 posts · Apr 2011
Hi all, I was using custom page templates with atahualpa 3.5.3 but now with 3.6.4 I'd just like to use the 'center column' code areas to make upgrades smoother... I had this loop in my template:

PHP Code:
<?php
wp_reset_query
();
query_posts( array( 'post_type' => 'post''cat' => 47 ) );   
global 
$more;
// set $more to 0 in order to only get the first part of the post
$more 0
// the Loop
while (have_posts()) : the_post(); 

// the content of the post ?>
  <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="Read <?php the_title(); ?>"><h2>
  <?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
  <?php the_post_thumbnail(array(100,100)); the_excerpt();  edit_post_link('Edit'''''); 
endwhile;
?>
running to display posts from a category that are related to the post. When trying to "save changes" with this code in the "Below the Loop" the page doesn't submit properly, I get blank white page and the changes aren't saved. I have confirmed the problem is in the "while" loop and I tried reformatting it but that didn't work.

I will be replacing the number for 'cat' in the query with the relevant category number based off an array to attach categories to page id's.

Anyone have a solution or know why this won't save to the atahualpa options? Works perfectly in the page template. Thanks!

Last edited by stumpadelic; Apr 28, 2011 at 01:52 PM.