Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to get the Search bar to sit below the logo

Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:52 PM
Whatsthatcat?

25 posts · Mar 2009
How to get the Search bar to sit below the logo

I have a logo image that spans (is the same width as) the content layout of my blog. I would like to sit the seach box just below this, as currently the logo image is pushing the box all the way to the right of the logo image.

http://www.gemberlingandgwinn.com/

any help? my apologies if this has been addressed by another thread! I looked around and didn't see anything.

thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:36 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You would have to edit bfa_header_config.php for this and insert a new <tr><td>...</td><td>..</td></tr> line below the existing one (that contains the logo).

For your version 3.2

Replace

PHP Code:
    $logo_area .= '</tr></table>';    

// END of Logo Area 

with

PHP Code:
    $logo_area .= '</tr><tr><td></td>

<td valign="bottom" class="search-box" align="right">
<div class="searchbox">
<form method="get" class="searchform" action="' 

get_bloginfo'url' ) . '/"><div class="searchbox-form">
<input type="text" class="text inputblur" onfocus="this.value=\''
(
get_search_query() ? get_search_query() : '' ).'\'" 
value="' 
. (get_search_query() ? get_search_query() : 
$bfa_ata_searchbox_text ) . '" onblur="this.value=\'' 
(
get_search_query() ? get_search_query() : 
$bfa_ata_searchbox_text ).'\'" name="s" />
</div>
</form>
</div>
</td>

</tr></table>'
;    

// END of Logo Area 

And turn the search box off at Theme Options -> Header -> Show search box?