Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

background image not showing - testing on local host

Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:45 PM
tmd_2008

9 posts · Oct 2009
I have tried numerous things to try and get my background image to show.

I have followed the paths suggested in the Body, Text & Links section.

I was able to use the same background image for the Logo Area: Styling in the Header Area using the following:
background: url(mp-images/background.jpg) top repeat-x #120f0d;

The mp-images is a subfolder in the images folder path suggested on the Body, Text & Links section.

However, that did not work in the Body, Text & Links section.

This is what I have currently:
background: url(http://localhost/wordpress/wp-conten...background.jpg) top repeat-x #120f0d;

I have also tried:
background: url(/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background.jpg) top repeat-x #120f0d;

I have tried other combinations as well with no luck. Any help is much appreciated.

The current background is white, but I would like to use an image.

Last edited by tmd_2008; Oct 18, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Instead of just top for the position try top left. Maybe the browser is confused with only one position element.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:49 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Using IE8?

Convert the image to RGB if it is CMYK. If its already RGB, convert to CMYK, back to RGB and see if it shows then.

and try full path ie http://www.domain.com/images/background.jpg

Last edited by Jam; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
tmd_2008

9 posts · Oct 2009
I tried using "left top repeat-x" and it still did not work.

I am using Chrome mostly to test the website. I have tried it in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox - all do not work.

I have attached a few images that depict my situation.

The image "mp-wordpress.jpg" shows the current page with the background not working (it is white, and I want it the same color as the container and header)

The image "mp-wordpress-background.jpg" is the actual image I am trying to use as the background.

The other two images are my current setup for the body style and container style. The Layout Container Style works but the Body Style does not (and it is using the same path to get to the background image).

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Last edited by tmd_2008; Oct 25, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:24 AM
tmd_2008

9 posts · Oct 2009
I believe I just solved it.

I just reset all of the Atahualpa theme options and started over basically.

It seems to have fixed the issue for now. I will let you know if something goes wrong.

Thanks.