Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Thumbnails in Post Excerpts not aligning or resizing

Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:08 PM
hopskoch

5 posts · Dec 2012
[SOLVED] Thumbnails in Post Excerpts not aligning or resizing

Hi! I love Atahualpa and have used it for several sites. I am having an issue that I just can't figure out how to solve despite the dozens of similar threads I have been reading.

The website I am working on is: www.frenchetc.org, using Atahualpa Version 3.7.9

I am trying to make the images on the post excerpts all of the same width - 450px - so that they span the whole column, and center them. Nothing I have tried - the Thumbnail Rebuilder, Regenerate Thumbnail, none of those plugins seem to be working. The Rebuild Thumbnails just says that it cannot find any attachments.

This is the code I have in Post Thumbnails:

float: center;
width: 450;
border: 0;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 0px 0px 0;

And above that, I set the width to 450px.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) How big is your layout (Ato->Style & configure LAYOUT)?
2) how big is your right inner sidebar?
3) How big is the right sidebar?
4) how big is the middle area ( MA = L - RIS - RS)?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:26 AM
hopskoch

5 posts · Dec 2012
Hi juggledad,

1) layout is 1050px
2) right inner is 175px
3) right sidebar is 175px
4) middle area is 700

However, I tried making the thumbnails 600px with the ways that I stated before and nothing seemed to change, and they especially will not seem to be centered...

Thanks for your help!
Julie.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I am trying to make the images on the post excerpts all of the same width - 450px - so that they span the whole column, and center them
if your middle area is 700 then a 450px wide image won't span the whole column.

if you just want to center the image, go to ato->Style IMAGES->Images in Posts and add
'margin: 0 14%;'

you may want to play with the 14% a little
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:25 AM
hopskoch

5 posts · Dec 2012
Thanks juggledad -
The margin fix worked beautifully ! However, even though my code in ato>post thumbnail is:

float: center;
width: 700px;
border: 0;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 0px 0px 0;

and I put 700 and 700 at the top, the thumbnails are still to small... any suggestions?
Thanks.
Julie.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In your CSS Inserts you have defined a max-width for the post image, make it bigger