Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Disappearing widget content

Old Nov 3, 2013, 01:50 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Disappearing widget content

I had a very strange thing happen. I was having a problem with the hyperlink feature within WordPress. Thought maybe it was a conflict between plugins. Deactivated all of them (done this many times before) and the problem continued. So I thien switched to the 2012 theme thinking it might be a theme problem. Same issue.

When I went back to the theme I was using, all of my widget content had disappeared. Custom CSS is still there, all media is still there, widgets still show, but they are all empty.

Has anyone ever had that happen before? (Thankfully I had a backup done earlier in the evening.) I just found it strange since that's how I always test things.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 03:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As I recall, this was an issue with older versions of WordPress but I think as of 3.x it should remember what widgets went where if you switch themes back and forth.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 04:57 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Thanks...I'm only one version behind and I've done it on this site before. Maybe a fluke? I got it back though with a little work.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 06:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did the widget content disappear or was it in an inactive sidebars section? I have had that happen.