Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to add a static banner on all pages/posts, etc?

Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:37 PM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
I would like to put a banner under my header but above all of the posts on my site. How can I do this?
Thx
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what kind of banner? have you thought of using a sticky post?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:56 PM
cvan

67 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you for the quick reply!

It's a long advertisement banner that is longer then my center colum. I want it to fit just under my header.
I'm a newbie so please step by step instructions. thx
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add a new widget area to the header area and place the code in the new widget area. Exlaination for the new widget area can be found in the theme option page 'Add new WIDGET AREAS'.
Be sure to use 3.4.4