Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Sticky posts in categories

Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:44 PM
polizeros

11 posts · Jul 2011
San Jose, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to polizeros
Sticky posts in categories

I'm doing a site for a company that restore and sells classic Ford Mustangs. Posts about individual car are generally be in three categories; year, model, and whether is is For Sale, Sold, Project, or Restoration.

For example

65, coupe, sold
67, fastback, for sale
68, convertible, restoration

They want For Sale and Sold cars posts to come first in any category so if you click on, say, fastback, the For Sale fastbacks come first followed by Sold fastbacks, then everything else.

Is there a way to do this elegantly? (I could kludge it by changing date published of Sold cars to more recent than other posts, but obviously this would be a pain.)
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need a plugin for this like http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/astickypostorderer/
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Another you might look at is this category order plugin.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:08 PM
polizeros

11 posts · Jul 2011
San Jose, CA
That one looks good too, saw the message after I installed Q2W3 but will keep it in mind should I need another one.

Great forum, fast replies. Thx.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:06 PM
polizeros

11 posts · Jul 2011
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the quick reply. It pointed me in the right direction.

FYI: The author has updated Astickypostorderer with a totally new version that is compatible with 3.1. It's called Q2W3 Post Order and is working fine.

Last edited by polizeros; Nov 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM.