Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page menu bar help

Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:14 PM
Briggsm8

9 posts · Apr 2010
Brisbane
[SOLVED] Page menu bar help

Heyy,

I am having a problem with the appearance of right hand side of the menu bar. The border of the last menu item is either just next to the right hand border (creating a little "stripe") or it wraps down to make the menu bar two lines deep. If I make it match exactly in Chrome, then it doesn't work in IE. The menu items need to have a border around them, otherwise all items blend into one another.

In getting the page menu bar to be the same size in different browsers (Chrome & IE). I can get the tabs to just about fit into the bar in Chrome but when viewed in IE the last tab basically get word wrapped and makes a whole new line under all the other tabs and there is a gap to the right of it.

The website i am working on is almost done, I am using Atahualpa 3.4.1 and WordPress 2.9.2.
The layout width is fixed at 970px, this leaves a small gap to the right of the last tab. If i make it 969px it fits in Chrome (makes a double thick line on the right hand side) but in IE makes menu wrap to a the second line.

The site URL is www.cobalt-it.com.au/aesops2

The site is nearly done and the appearance of this menu is driving me crazy. Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I suggest using %page-center instead of %pages for the menu bar as trying to get an exact width is going to be, as you found a bit "interesting". Ustin %page-center will center the bar so you will have the same look on either end. I would also suggest updating to Atahualpa 3.5.1 using instructions found on this forum which will leave your current theme in place in case something doesn't quite work.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
Briggsm8

9 posts · Apr 2010
Brisbane
Works in all my browsers. I didn't even think about using that.

Thank You lmilesw