Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How do I create rotating posts?

Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:38 PM
JorgePerez

4 posts · Oct 2009
More specifically how do I get "X" amount of "sticky" posts to all become one big post that rotates and takes up less space on the web page?

If you need more information feel free to let me know.

The website is www.crossfitblueprint.com and I am trying to get the top three posts that are all sticky to become one post that rotates....

Thanks,

J
Old Mar 2, 2010, 04:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is nothing in Atahualpa that will address this. I suggest yu do a google search and see if you can find a plugin that will do this for you.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 05:03 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
The Smooth Slider plugin does this very nicely. It works for text-only posts or posts with images. It'll take the first image in the post and turn it into a thumbnail and show it along with some text. I have it running at aghca.org.
Old May 31, 2010, 08:05 PM
therhythmcenter

3 posts · May 2010
How did you get Smooth Slider to show up on the front page alone. I can't seem to figure out where to put the Smooth Slider php tag in the Atahualpa theme...
Old Jun 1, 2010, 06:40 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
In theme options, style and configure center column, I put this:

Code:
<?php
if (is_home() AND function_exists( 'get_smooth_slider' ) ) {
     get_smooth_slider(); } ?>
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:45 PM
Correen

16 posts · Jul 2010
Pacific NW
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
In theme options, style and configure center column, I put this:

Code:
<?php
if (is_home() AND function_exists( 'get_smooth_slider' ) ) {
     get_smooth_slider(); } ?>
Thanks for this info...got the Smooth Slider up and looking good on my site foodloverswebsite.com!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:02 AM
ncbrian2007

1 posts · Jul 2010
Hey Correen,

Where did you paste the code at? My website is: www.happydogcafe.net and I seem not to able to display the smooth slider on my page.

I placed the code in my index.php editor file but it still is not working. Any suggestions? By the way, your site looks great!

-Brian
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Brian... This forum only relates to the Atahualpa theme. What Correen and paulaw were talking about relates to the theme options within Atahualpa.