Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Hi, I am translating to Korean. Need a bit of help.

Old May 21, 2009, 07:37 AM
Sung

3 posts · May 2009
Hi, I am translating to Korean. While I am translating in Poedit, I've an error as below when I saved.

ko_KR.po:198: a format specification for argument 1 doesn't exist in 'msgstr'.

Could you help with above error?

Thanks in advance.
Sung
Old May 21, 2009, 06:31 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you can get past that error, ignore it, save the result, open the .po file in a text editor and edit the term there. Then open/save that .po file again with POEdit to create a new .mo file based on the edited .po file
Old May 21, 2009, 08:52 PM
Sung

3 posts · May 2009
thanks. I will try that.
By the way, need couple of clarifications, if you don't mind. I have not seen the details for the theme yet thus, I need to understand when some pharses would be used, as direct translations wouldn't sound right..
1. No comment yet to - I guess that it would show like "No comment yet to (a post)" in a page. In Korean, the language order should be like (a post) no comment yet. Thus, if I translate into Korean, I am not sure how it may appear in the page. Same thing goes to "1 comment to" and "% comments to" as well. Perhaps, my assumption is not right. If so, please let me know. Otherwise, I would just leave those in English.
2. %1$s at %2$s - In what case, would this text be used?
3. F jS, Y / F Y / I, F jS, Y - In what case, would this text be used?

Thanks for your kind help Flynn.
Sung
Old May 21, 2009, 09:01 PM
Sung

3 posts · May 2009
Hi Flynn,

One more thing... What does Gravatar mean in English? I did look up dictionaries for any case... Couldn't find anything..

By the way, if you don't mind changing the order of display for "No comments yet to etc" for Korean version, I would change those to Korean and let you know where it should be changed. Please let me know if you opt for that idea.

Thanks for your kind help.