Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Background won't load in IE8, but loads fine in Firefox

Old May 6, 2010, 11:00 AM
ktaylor310

11 posts · May 2010
Hi. I have added a background to a site I am working on at: www.mscstudentlife.com/elevate. The background loads fine in FF, but not in IE. The pages just spools. Any ideas? I've tried cleaning out temp files and deleting and re-uploading image.

Thanks!
Kim
Old May 6, 2010, 11:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The image loads OK for me in Firefox and IE8 but it is kind of large (over 600k). Maybe if you reduce the resolution that would help. Or better yet find or create a repeatable background image to reduce load time.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:29 AM
ktaylor310

11 posts · May 2010
Kind of crazy because I am using the same background on their sister site www.mscstudentlife.com/accelerate and it loads fine in both browsers?

I'll try reducing the size of the picture though. Thank you for the advice!
Old May 6, 2010, 11:34 AM
ktaylor310

11 posts · May 2010
OK, I think I've got it figured out. I compared the css on both sites and the only difference I could see was the order of the code. On the site that was working properly, the background url was listed last (after fonts & color). I moved the code around on the other site and now it is working! Hmmmm.
Old May 6, 2010, 01:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That is a Hmmmmm. I'm going to remember that.
Old May 6, 2010, 01:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the order is important when you use the shorthand for the background rule. A good place to check syntax for aCSS is at www.w3schools.com/css
Old May 6, 2010, 01:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I knew that was the case within the shorthand code but I looked at the code on this site and I think ktaylor is talking about other lines in the Body Style box.