Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Inserting plugins (ie. vSlider slideshow) into header only on homepage

Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:11 PM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
I'm having trouble getting slideshow plugins to show up in my header. I want to have a slideshow of featured posts show up in the header of only the homepage...
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Which plugin did you try and what did you do to display it? Featured Content Gallery should work althugh a few users reported problems. These plugins usually use Javascript frameworks and different ones often don't work well with each other. Try finding a plugin that uses jQuery instead of Mootools or Prototype/Scriptaculous because jQuery is the Javascript framework of choice for Wordpress and Atahualpa also uses it a bit. (Featured Content Gallery is Mootools)
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:13 PM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
The plugin I've been trying to get to work is vSlider...what plugin would you suggest to create a slideshow with cross-fade/transitions where each image is linked to a particular post/case study?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:02 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I have not used any myself but users have. If one doesn't seem to work, try with the Default theme, also set Javascript to external in Atahualpa, disable plugins on by one to track it down to a specific theme/plugin/configuration