Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

New Wordpress app for iPhone/iPad

Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:24 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I haven't downloaded and used it yet, but there is apparently a new iPad/iPhone app for Wordpress: http://iphone.wordpress.org/2010/06/...s-for-ios-2-5/

I hope it works, because the old one didn't allow copy/paste and was buggy in other ways. If this works, the iPad could truly be my only computer for short trips, allowing me to leave the bulkier laptop behind.

Have you tried the app yet?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well the copy and paste is fixed!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Amery - go tell the application developer that - this forum has nothing to do with the app, it's a forum for the Atahualap theme
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:12 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I used the app a bit more yesterday. It's too bad it doesn't allow for working with plugins or widgets. I'm sure more will be added to it in future. I found the Automattic forum for it: http://iphone.forums.wordpress.org/, and I'm going to drop in there periodically to see how things are progressing. I guess there will be an update prompt when they add new features.

For most uses, I think I would just go to my dashboard via the browser so I could do anything necessary. For that, I think I'd make sure I had the keyboard dock attached.

By the way, here is the FAQ for the app. Some stuff here you wouldn't expect: http://iphone.wordpress.org/faq/

Last edited by paulae; Jun 23, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:35 PM
sklipsch46

1 posts · Aug 2010
I tried it and it didn't have many features. I would rather just administer my wordpress site via the admin page using Safari. As stated above, you can't do anything with widgets, etc.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:58 PM
cocochen

1 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I haven't downloaded and used it yet, but there is apparently a new iPad/iPhone app for Wordpress: http://iphone.wordpress.org/2010/06/...s-for-ios-2-5/

I hope it works, because the old one didn't allow copy/paste and was buggy in other ways. If this works, the iPad could truly be my only computer for short trips, allowing me to leave the bulkier laptop behind.
ipad 2 accessory
iPad2 case
ipad2 accessories
Have you tried the app yet?
I tried it and it didn't have many features. I would rather just administer my wordpress site via the admin page using Safari. As stated above, you can't do anything with widgets, etc.