Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

IMage Background not show in 3.6.4

Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
mpoma

4 posts · Mar 2011
Hello, last Friday when my site is updated from 3.5.7 to 3.6.4 the background image is not displayed.
I use a relative path in ATO-> Body-> Body Style

background: url('<?php bloginfo('wpurl'); ?> /wp-content/my-atahualpa/background/gerardo_buchmann.jpg') no-repeat center top;

When I changed to
background: url('/wp-content/my-atahualpa/background/gerardo_buchmann.jpg') no-repeat center top;

the image is displayed.

After updating another site on another server, the same problem occurred.
Please could you consider whether it is a problem of Atahualpa?

Please apologize for my English.
Marcelo
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you use the automatic or manual upgrade?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
mpoma

4 posts · Mar 2011
Hi LArry! MAnual update. If i put the path in the browser, can accessed the image.
If use the bloginfo() the background image dissapear from dispaly and CSS (I used Firebug).
When I use fixed path without bloginfo(), I see the image and show in CSS Firebug.

I expected you understanme
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Instead of bloginfo try somthing like the following
HTML Code:
background: url('<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/images/bullets/round-gray.gif') no-repeat 0 7px
If you use either the above or /wp-content/images..... you will need to make sure the images you had in your old Atahualpa installation are in the images folder or sub-folder of the new installation.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:56 AM
mpoma

4 posts · Mar 2011
Nothing....

I use this code:
HTML Code:
background: url('<?php echo get_home_url(); ?>/wp-content/my-atahualpa/background/gerardo_buchmann.jpg') no-repeat center top;
Can you see the site http://www.buchmann.com.ar In the bottom left sidebar I put a PHP Widget whit the follow:
PHP Code:
 url('<?php echo get_home_url(); ?>/wp-content/my-atahualpa/background/gerardo_buchmann.jpg');
I donīt see any errors in the php code. No errors in folders. They are separated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by mpoma; Mar 16, 2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 08:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Just use the following for the path
HTML Code:
background: url('/wp-content/my-atahualpa/background/gerardo_buchmann.jpg') no-repeat center top;
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:46 AM
mpoma

4 posts · Mar 2011
Yes Larry, in the top of the post I say that. But I like to show you because I think is an issue of Atahualpa (or WP ??)
By the way, because I use a local server for development with diferent folders for each site, I need the function bloginfo or get_homeurl for a more simple domain change.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this functionality did work in 3.5.3 but because of the forced removal of the eval() function by WordPress, it no longer works in 3.6. If I get time, I take a look and see if there is something I can do about it.