Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can I include a "Subscribe to mailing list box" in the header?

Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
LynneMaree

2 posts · Oct 2012
Hello!

I am curious to know if there is a way I can include a little subscribe box in a website header?

The website I am working with currently has it dropped below into the main content and it would look and operate so much better if I could include it under the right image in the header...would slot in there nicely!

Any suggestions?

http://www.expectyourmiracle.com

Many thanks!

Lynne
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:31 PM
avantlit

12 posts · May 2011
Lynne, I'm curious about this, too. You may be able to use the header image overlay function in the theme options, though I'm having a little trouble with this one myself at present. If you're using a header image for the top, not a logo image, then in the header image panel, at the bottom, is an area where you can include HTML to overlay something on the header. Just a thought, I'll be interested to see if anyone else has ideas. Otherwise I know there are ways to put new widget areas into headers and footers, I think, but I have never worked with those and find all of that confusing. But that might be the "right" way to do it, I dunno.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
With absolute positioning you can put anything just about anywhere but it means getting familiar with the CSS syntax. I use Firebug to do virtual testing. One tip is that an absolutely positioned element will be positioned absolutely within it's nearest relatively positioned element. w3schools.com is great place to learn CSS.