Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Top and Bottom Widget Images With Widgets in Middle and Two Side by Side

Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
littlered03

8 posts · Jul 2010
I've followed both of these tutorials:
[SOLVED] Add top and bottom image for widget - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=935
HOWTO: put an AD (or other) widget over/in the middle/under two sidebars - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5419

The second one works perfectly (http://www.in-a-dream.org/) but the first one I am still monkeying with. I'm guessing it doesn't work because of the second tutorial because the bottom two sidebars (which are the only ones I want to have top and bottom images - not the ones that span across both sidebars on top) are not named Right/Left/Inner Sidebar but instead are named "sidebar_widget_area 1" and 2.

Does anyone know how I can get my top and bottom white rounded corners to adhere to the widgets that are side by side (starting with categories and sponsors) and then have white backgrounds throughout the rest of the widget connecting them (so white rounded top on categories with a white box connecting to the rounded bottom so it looks like one rounded unit) and not on the top widgets that span across the top of the two sidebars?

It's probably too complicated. If so, I'll have to figure something else out.

Last edited by littlered03; Jul 15, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:38 AM
littlered03

8 posts · Jul 2010
I want to make it work temporarily until I have this figured out, so if you click on the link you will see that there is no problem (but it won't look like what I want it to look like with the widgets with white backgrounds and rounded corners). To see what it looks like when trying to achieve the desired look of the widgets, click on the image attached. There are the top and bottoms of the widgets that I made but they are not in the right places at all and are bunched up at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1372
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	617  
Old Jul 18, 2010, 08:10 AM
littlered03

8 posts · Jul 2010
Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe even tell me how to get a white background (without rounded corners) around each widget but not touching the other widgets. I tried really hard to do this and it became all weird and didn't work.