Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to place widget in header

Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
How to place widget in header

I thought I had the header widget positioned, but when i tested it in Firefox, it falls out of the layout container as seen on my website at http://frugalmommytoday.com
I put it in absolute position, but it still doesn't work. How can I get the widget area to stay inside the layout container?
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How did you define it? ie what did you use and where did you put it.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
I added:

#my_new_widget_area {border: none;
position: absolute;
right: 130px;
top: 0;
width: 200px;
text-align: center;
color: #8A5C2E;
font-family: 'Arial Black', Gadget, sans-serif;
}

to the ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:42 PM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
STB, I followed the instructions under the "Add New Widget Areas" in ATO. :-)
I added the div id for styling purposes.
But the widget is automatically postioned in the center bottom of the header area and I can float it right, but can't get it to the top. I even tried using the following:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area&cells=1&align=3'); ?>
to the "Style and Edit Header Area" but the align 3 didn't make a difference (according to the new widget area section, align 3 positions it to the top right. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just wanted to mention that the align function for new widget areas aligns the contents of the area not the area itself. You generally create a widget area or areas and then you use CSS to style/position the widgets that go in them.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:20 AM
Sprutt

12 posts · Feb 2010
frugalmommytoday: I had the same problem and just managed to solve it. What worked for me was adding a simple float:left to the logoareas CSS, and something similar but float:right to the new widget area, see example below.

table#logoarea {
float: left;
clear: none;
width: 300px;
}

Hope that might help!