Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Header Area Background

Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:50 PM
Jurgen Estanislao

76 posts · May 2010
[SOLVED] Header Area Background

Is it possible to change the color of the header area without loading an image?

I'm trying to optimize my site for speed to I would prefer coloring it through html.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you just want a solid color just use the %bar1 or %bar2 and style it as you wish.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 06:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
or add to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#header {background: #00ffff !important;}
(you might want to change the color to something else
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:47 AM
Jurgen Estanislao

76 posts · May 2010
Hi Guys!

Thanks for both tips. Though they both work, how do I apply the color to go past the margins and paddings?

Here's my site http://www.seotaoist.com/ and I want the header area all blue without any white spaces whatsoever.

Also is it possible to extend my menu bar's yellow stripe across the whole page? Moving out to the whole background?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will probably have to play with padding on #header. As for extending the yellow menu bar you will have to create a background image that matches up with the menu bar both in alignment and color and put it in ATO>Body, Text, & Links using the example for setting a background image as a guide. The image could be just a few pixels wide and and you would add repeat-x to repeat it horizontally. Is that enough info to get you started or do you need more detail?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 06:10 PM
Jurgen Estanislao

76 posts · May 2010
Hi Larry!

Thanks for this! Though I would still need your help to kind of guide me step by step especially with where I'm supposed to place the code and what code to place. Hehe

Super thanks!

Jurgen