Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Reset HTML/CSS Inserts Page -> Widgets Disappear from Atahualpa 3.5.3 Menu

Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:32 AM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
After resetting the HTML/CSS Inserts page because it was acting erratic with code issues soon after a upgrade to Atahualpa 3.5.3 from 3.5.1 - I later discovered after normalizing the upgrade - it reset everything - not just that page, that my widgets have disappeared from the 'appearance menu' in the admin dashboad.

What's totally strange - the widgets are all properly enabled on the internet pages view. The widgets page is gone in admin menu also.

I had injected some footer widget code into previous additions of Atahualpa 3.+ or so. It was pretty tweaked out with injected code from a year of lurking on this forum.

But everything always worked fine - I am addicted to this Atahualpa theme. I had tweaked other themes previous to this one, but this one seems endless.

Any ideas to bring my widgets menu back in the admin dash board.

I reverted back to 3.5.1 and even 3.4.9 with no success. So far a day has gone by and I haven't needed the widgets menu - but that day will come. I even uploaded the 3.5.3 version theme again after exporting the settings etc.

Everything was stable previous to the upgrade. It's all running on WP 3.0.1

Last edited by flawlessshine; Aug 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 04:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is what I would do but be aware that while this usually works just fine your unique situation may be different and it might reset you to the default Atahualpa setting.
  1. Make sure Atahualpa 3.5.3 is activated
  2. Go to ATO>Export/Import settings and Export & Download the Atahualpa Setting File.
  3. In the same area hit the Delete bfa_ata4 button
  4. See how everything looks.
  5. If all is good you are done
  6. If your setting have reverted to a default Upload & Import the Atahualpa settings file you just exported.
Let us know if you try this and the outcome.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 07:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Backup your database
Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think we should hard code this forum so that "Backup your database" is at the top of every reply.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:54 AM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
This is what I would do but be aware that while this usually works just fine your unique situation may be different and it might reset you to the default Atahualpa setting.
  1. Make sure Atahualpa 3.5.3 is activated
  2. Go to ATO>Export/Import settings and Export & Download the Atahualpa Setting File.
  3. In the same area hit the Delete bfa_ata4 button
  4. See how everything looks.
  5. If all is good you are done
  6. If your setting have reverted to a default Upload & Import the Atahualpa settings file you just exported.
Let us know if you try this and the outcome.
Well Guys... I did this and I am still looking for a solution. It did reset entire site setting though but, the saved setting import quickly fixed that.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Have you tried deactivating plugins to see if there area any plugin conflicts?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:31 AM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Have you tried deactivating plugins to see if there area any plugin conflicts?
Thats my next line of attack. It is a fairly big site and I have 113 active plugins. That has been my only issue with WordPress. Its a great platform and you just can't beat the price - I have list of plugins that currently will NOT work on my site due to conflicts with other plugins etc. -

Insights, Count Per Day,
AddQuicktag,
Keyword Statistics,
Featurific for Wordpress,
MaxBlogPress Stripe Ad,
Sociable,
WordPress Exploit Scanner,
wp-Typography
WP Forum Server,
Category Icons,
Are PayPal,
WP Maintenance Mode,
GetSocial,
IDrive for Wordpress,
Mass Custom Fields Manager,
Use Google Libraries,
Facebook Connect,
Comment Reply Notification,
WP-Cycle,
TweetMeme Retweet Button,
Category Icons,
Lock Out,
All-In-One SEO,
W3 Total Cache,
WP-PageNavi,
Dynamic Content Gallery,
job-manager,
WP Footer HTML,
Greg's High Performance SEO,
Custom Post Background,
CSS BackGround,
custom-post-type-ui,
Qoate Newsletter Signup,
wp-options-manager,
plugins-garbage-collector,

I always try the upload via ftp because it is amazing how many plugins download incomplete and then will not install. I'm on a Denver 7GB broadband connection wired with only 7 hops to my site too - so I don't believe it's server performance.

I'll let you know - as I have to be in the right frame of mind to endure sometimes the hours it takes to find conflicting plugins. If only there was a way to circumvent that tedious process (plugin conflicts), probably WordPress would cost a pretty penny!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
113 plugins? Wow and I though I ran a lot. What I do is deactivate all of them to see if the problem goes away. If the problem still exists Just reactivate and start looking for another solution. If the problem does not exist I start activating plugins several at a time and testing. Then you just narrow it down from there.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:53 PM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
113 plugins? Wow and I though I ran a lot. What I do is deactivate all of them to see if the problem goes away. If the problem still exists Just reactivate and start looking for another solution. If the problem does not exist I start activating plugins several at a time and testing. Then you just narrow it down from there.
Well - I did deactivate all of the plugins and when the widget problem did NOT go away - I reverted back to W.P. 3.0 and got the widget menu back but, was still getting different database error messages... so I then reverted back to Atahualpa 3.51 from 3.53 and BINGO! Everything seems to be functioning normally.

Without the plugins enabled and still having problems - something in W.P. 3.01 did not like Atahualpa 3.5.3. Anyone else report this problem? I actually was at 3.53 before I upgraded to W.P. 3.0.1
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:14 PM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
I just wanted to add - I only realized in hindsight the order of my Atahualpa & W.P. upgrades and the problem I encountered here... I webmaster 7 sites all running wordpress and Atahualpa and NOT at the same level of up grades.

I have advocated to the W.P. wishlist previously of a automatic plugin time stamp or even better- a blank note field for user notation would be quite helpful.

You should see my wp-dash notes - volumes and volumes of notes that goes probably 3 pages, but it is the most logical place to keep that stuff when you work from many computers- desktop PC workstation, 2-laptops and a MAC-G5

I will donate gold by my next billing cycle. Thanks for the multiple assistance from everybody - but especially Larry who stuck with me. What an unnecessary adventure...thats the IT world these days!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I have upgraded several sites from WP 3 to 3.01 both when Atahualpa was at 3.5.3 and when Atahualpa was at an earlier version. Both with no issues. It must have been a unique set of steps and/or perhaps a glitched WP 3.01 upgrade.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:26 AM
flawlessshine

8 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
I have upgraded several sites from WP 3 to 3.01 both when Atahualpa was at 3.5.3 and when Atahualpa was at an earlier version. Both with no issues. It must have been a unique set of steps and/or perhaps a glitched WP 3.01 upgrade.
I usually do a manual install/upgrade vs the auto install especially with mission critical files due to previous problems encountered with partial downloads or corrupted files from many plugins (not so much W.P.). With manual install you know what you got when you decompress the file before you ftp upload to server etc.

I will close this out as solved.