Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] widget area hover prob

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:48 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
hello, i have previously posted about this problem, but then i thought it was a byline styling issue, there fore i removed the new widget area from the byline and created a new one in THE LOOP below footer, this is the code i am using for widget area creation:

PHP Code:
<?php if ( is_single() ) {
bfa_widget_area('name=inside loop widget areas&cells=2&align=9&align_2=2');
?>
i basically want to have adsense code on single post pages, but to give me more functionality i used a widget area instead of puting the adsense code directly....

but the problem is when i hover the widget area, it gets a grey background. although no other default widget areas have any backgrounds, only the ones i created using add new widget have these hover effects and static backgrounds.

juggledad had helped me out on the byline styling issue and asked me to use the conditional statement for showing widget on certain pages, but now i dont know why these widget areas are getting these colors on their own.

please help.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:24 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
man i love this theme! i read the add new widget page and also checked my sites source code and was able to relate that the widget areas i was creating had two cells and as mentioned on new widget page if there were more then 1 cell then a table was created, so the problem was not about byline styling or widget styling but simply about table styling...just had to shut off hover effect and zebra strips in table styling and my issue got solved!

thanx juggledad...thanx paulae (cuz u did mention it was a table in my byline styling issue though you suggested css styling in html/css inserts!
but most of all thanx flynn for this theme!