Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

IE6 alignment issues

Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
allyevans

35 posts · Aug 2010
IE6 alignment issues

My page looks fine and perfectly aligned in Safari on the mac, but in IE 6 on the PC it increases the width of my page so that it creates a scroll bar and probably 500+px of dead white space to the right (I have it set to fixed 1100px in ATO), pushes %bar1 way off to the right of the page, and changes the dimensions and alignment of links I have placed in the header area (they're all over the place). Any advice?

I am using Atahualpa 353-1 and WP 3.0.1.

I tried entering this script in ATO - CSS / Html inserts - header area but no luck: <!--[if lt IE 8]> <script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.1(beta4)/IE8.js"></script> <![endif]-->
Old Oct 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What is the URL?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have an absolutely positioned widget at the top which can throw off many browsers especially because Atahualpa uses tables for the various areas. I think if you use a two celled widget area and use a widget to put your banner/logo in the left area and the menu in the right it might start taking care of the issues.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:07 AM
allyevans

35 posts · Aug 2010
Ok, I made a few changes based on your advice.

1. I removed the menu widget area from the top and used the %page-center instead for a horizontal menu.

2. I added a new widget area to house my logo image and removed %logo.

3. I added a 2-cell widget below the logo widget area to house the two links I had previously added to the header (these links weren't aligning properly in IE previously).

Everything looks ok now on my homepage (except that the search bar disappeared) but it is not picking up my logo image in the logo widget area on the other pages of my site??? The space is there but no image.
Also, the 4 icon images I have inside the 4-cell widget below my header on the right are not recognized on pages other than the homepage and show up as question marks.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks again for the support!!