Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Custom Bullets

Old Sep 5, 2010, 02:56 PM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Hi
I would like to add "red checkmark" bullets to my page. I have ATO 3.5.3 WP 3.0.1 and just installed TinyMCE Advanced.
I have followed a few different guidelines, including editing the css code of both the TinyMCE and ATO to include:

.chkmark8 {
background:transparent url(/images/chkmark8.gif) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
list-style-type:none;
padding-left: 20px;
}

(and I uploaded the gif to the "images" folder - as well as icon and bullet folders .

That did add chkmark8 into the styles "drop down", but no check marks appeared.

I also followed Ken's suggestions from April 2010 (which included editing the CSS style button from the TinyMCE toolbar)

Still no red check bullets

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dona

Last edited by Dona; Sep 5, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of atahualpa and wp?
what is the url?
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
Dona

43 posts · Jul 2010
Hi,
I am using WP 3.0.1 and ATO 3.5.3

The site is: www.anewconsciousness.org

i have put in "images" for the checkmarks but they don't keep the format (they bleed into the prior lines).

I have tried numerous ways to get custom bullets, including trying to find a plugin that has it, yet nothing has worked (so far)

Thanks!
Dona
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:12 AM
essentialmessage

11 posts · Sep 2010
Same thing here, using the same versions of ATA and WP. I've been able to change the bullets to a custom image in the widgets (thanks to help here!) but I want to change them site-wide.

I managed to do this in the CSS inserts and it worked, but it then added bullets to my page and category menus as well. Here's what I added:

ul{
list-style:none;
margin:0 0 1em 15px;
padding: 0;
}
ul li{
line-height:1.3em;
margin: .25em 0;
padding: 0 0 0 15px;
background:url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/bullets/Arrowheadbullet.jpg) no-repeat 0 3px;
}

I don't want the bullets to show up in my page/cat menus, I tried adding

list-style-type: none !important;

to the

div#menu1 area

and then to the

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active

area, but neither of those worked. (I am new to CSS, so the answer may be staring me in the face)

Last edited by essentialmessage; Oct 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 02:48 PM
everybodylies

17 posts · Oct 2010
I wanted list bullets in the left/right sidebar, but not in the horizontal nav meny below the header.

Since the bullets are backgrounds - and not list-types, I added background:none; where I didn't want them.

My site is att http://iloveto.se/

Hope it helps!