Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] how to make links change color after they have been visited?

Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
sixleggedinsect

12 posts · Feb 2013
[SOLVED] how to make links change color after they have been visited?

i have an unordered list of links on a page, and i would very much like the links to change to a different color after they have been visited.

i went into CSS files 'content.css' and edited it to read:

a:visited {color:#00FF00;}

however, it still doesn't work. is there anything else i should look for?

thanks!!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Most likely, there is other CSS that applys to a link in an unordered list which overrides the 'general' CSS you changed. Try installing The FireBug extension in firefox and examine the link to see what CSS is being applied, then you'll be able to figure out what needsto be changed.

When asking for help, provide your URL

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
sixleggedinsect

12 posts · Feb 2013
thanks for replying!

the URL is http://www.electricant.net/ekg/cases/

i installed firebug, but in my inexperience am not able to interpret its data so as to know where to find the rogue CSS.

now that i changed the visited color to a dark blue, it *does* show that in some links, but not the list as you say.

any advice?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
maybe this picture will help
Click image for larger version

Name:	firebug25.jpg
Views:	1870
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2229
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:25 PM
sixleggedinsect

12 posts · Feb 2013
i appreciate you trying to teach me to fish, but im still perplexed. i had actually already put firebug on the case, but dont really understand what it means when it points me to style.css.

i see the style.css file, and its 'DO NOT EDIT' note in montezuma content. i tried editing content.css where i found the right kind of tags, but that did not work.

can you help me interpret the firebug data? i dont see a reference to a 'visited' link color, just a hover color which is fine as-is.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you look in the theme options, you will see a CSS section with different css files. these get saved together to make up the style.css file. this is where you should make changes to the css.

since the css doesn't skop the visited psuedo code, it looks like you will have to add it.