Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Force line break in Page Menu Bar

Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:16 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Is it possible to force a line break between words in the page menu bar so all tabs have 2 lines? See http://northpolk.server284.com to see what's going on.

Thank you for your help!

-Kimberly
Old Jul 28, 2010, 08:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just tested this and with the new WP 3 menu you can put HTML tags and CSS in the navigation label of the menus. I put the following in one and it gave me a two line centered text menu title.
HTML Code:
<div style="text-align:center;">First Line<br />Second Line</div>
You could just use the line break I suppose and then put some CSS in CSS Inserts to affect all the menu titles. I didn't test that.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:42 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
You are my hero! Thanks a million!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 02:12 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Works beautifully in the Page bar - but its also causing the names in my left Flexipages widget to line break and wasn't intending that outcome...any thoughts on changing the one and not the other?

http://northpolk.server284.com/
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Where did you put the code and what did you use?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:32 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
All I did was add <br /> where I wanted the line to break in the "Title" bar on the Wordpress page window.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would make another menu for the sidebar widget without the breaks.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:05 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry to be an idiot, but how would I go about making a different menu that still called the page titles...

I tried changing the flexipage code to pull the Body Title Single Pages data instead of the main page title data, but it seems to both be the same field name. How do I go about calling the Body Title Single Pages data? i.e. right now it calls "post_title," what should I put in its place?

Is there a way I can send a donation to you for help, or should I just donate to the general fund?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
With the WordPress 3 update there is a new "Custom Menu" Widget which lets you choose any menus you create with the WP 3 menu system. There may be plugins that use the new systems as well.

As for donating. When you click on the donate link you will see my ugly face there if you wish to donate to me. Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 08:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
This Dropdown Menu Widget will also work with the new WP 3 menu system.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:56 AM
simongreen

4 posts · Oct 2010
The above all works great, but would it be possible to have the extra line as links and to make several lines for multi level menus as in the navigaiton in the header here Thankyou
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You could do that with a multi-celled widget area in the header and then use text widgets and html to create your "menu" but adding new menu items and such will be cumbersome. But if you aren't going to change things much that may not be too big a deal.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
simongreen

4 posts · Oct 2010
Awesome thanks. Added 6 new widget areas to the header then created 6 custom menus.
Dropped the custom menu widget into each area selecting the relevant menu. Styled the menu. Done.Many thanks for your help