Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Apply drop shadow to only part of the container?

Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
waveainair

10 posts · Oct 2009
...or move adsense code outside container area?

I successfully put my adsense code above my header in the Configure Header Area (style header). I also successfully put a drop shadow around the container in the Layout Container Style area (style layout).

Now I'd like to remove the box shadow from just the adsense part of the container so that the gray ad background blends into the rest of the gray body background, rather than have a shadow separating the two grey areas.

I tried to apply the box shadow to only the header and left/right widget areas to no avail. I just doesn't look right.

I suppose there might be a way to put a widget outside the container and add the adsense code, which may achieve the same desired result, but my testing was unable to get this approach to work.

I also know I could add a background image and create the drop shadow effect but I'm not sure how to create padding for that image if it's to be repeated.

Ideas? Thanks.

http://deepinsidethekings.com/
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For that you will probably have to put code in the HTML Inserts: Body top box in the theme options and then use CSS to tweak.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
waveainair

10 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
For that you will probably have to put code in the HTML Inserts: Body top box in the theme options and then use CSS to tweak.
Any idea what code?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You could put a new widget code in the [HTML Inserts: Body Top] area, add a widget to it with your adsense code and style with css.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
waveainair

10 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
You could put a new widget code in the [HTML Inserts: Body Top] area, add a widget to it with your adsense code and style with css.
I believe PHP code is needed to create a new widget. PHP is no longer accepted in the [HTML Inserts: Body Top] area.

I that what you meant?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If you have version 3.7.3 the php code for new widget areas can still be used.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:46 PM
waveainair

10 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
If you have version 3.7.3 the php code for new widget areas can still be used.
Wow. That was easy. Thank you!

I tried putting this (<?php bfa_widget_area('name=new widget'); ?>) into the Body Top field but nothing happened at first.

I tried it again and viola, pefect.

So why then does it say "PHP code cannot be used anymore" for those fields if it can?

Thanks again. Such an easy fix.

Last edited by waveainair; Jan 18, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
All other PHP cannot be used. The ability to use new widget area PHP was added at one point but not documented inside the theme as well as it could have been. This may be taken care of in a future version.