Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Parser error. Cannot get to ANY part of the blog

Old May 19, 2010, 11:00 AM
JonHorton

9 posts · Mar 2010
Austin, TX
http://jon-horton.com.blog
Here is the error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/frulo/public_html/blog/wp-includes/default-filters.php on line 229

I can post that line from that file if needed, but it is VERY long. There are only 2 '<' that appear on that line. Each are at the beginning of <script

I cannot get to the wp-admin or any portion of the blog at all except thru cpanel to reach the file structure

Any ideas or what other info is needed from me?

Thanks!
Jon
Old May 19, 2010, 03:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Looks like something is wrong with one of the core WP files. I'd try uploading a whole new WordPress or upload only the file that is mentioned: /wp-includes/default-filters.php
Old May 19, 2010, 06:07 PM
JonHorton

9 posts · Mar 2010
Austin, TX
I tried just the file. It then gave me another error. Corrected that, gave me another.

By upload new Wordpress, do you mean that I should reinstall thru cpanel?

If so, does that wipe out all my customizations?
Old May 19, 2010, 06:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would do this

1) get a new copy of wordpress and unzip it on your computer
2) go into the wordpress folder and delete the wp-contents folder
3) use FTP and delete everything but the wp-config.php and the wp-contents folder
4) use ftp to upload everything from the fresh copy on your computer

your posts and cutomezation are stoed in the database. Since you don't replace the wp-content folder, your themes, plugins, uploads will all be intact.
Old May 19, 2010, 07:06 PM
JonHorton

9 posts · Mar 2010
Austin, TX
Done. Got this error when going into admin.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/frulo/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/mainstall.php:341) in /home/frulo/public_html/blog/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 868

WPRobot causing issues?
Old May 19, 2010, 07:32 PM
JonHorton

9 posts · Mar 2010
Austin, TX
I am also getting a 404 error when going to any of the other pages on the blog. Essentially, this got my home page displayed, but nothing else.

Any thoughts?
Old May 20, 2010, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would remove that plugin from the plugins folder and check it to see if it has been hacked
Old May 24, 2010, 12:50 PM
JonHorton

9 posts · Mar 2010
Austin, TX
Kept getting more errors. I just wiped it out and started over. It was time for a new look anyway

I do appreciate your help. This is a great forum!