Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Jetpack Mobile Theme

Old Oct 8, 2012, 01:51 AM
Acts1711

18 posts · Dec 2011
Hi,

I want to use the RIGHT INNER SIDEBAR with Jetpack Mobile Theme and not the LEFT SIDEBAR! This is something that has to do with the "Sidebar id". How can I change this with the Atahualpa theme, please, according to the instructions given here: jetpack.me / support / mobile-theme

?

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 8, 2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 04:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
after a quick look at the instructions if you go into Atahualpa and change the sidebar name according to their directions, it will most likely messup the desktop view of the site.

you could probably edit the jetpack and change all occurances of 'sidebar-1' to 'right-inner' to get the same effect

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 09:03 AM
Acts1711

18 posts · Dec 2011
I changed all the occurences of "sidebar-1" to "right-inner" in Jetpack and now I don't have the sidebar below the posts; but I guess this is fine, otherwise the page would be to long for mobile viewing. I think the right name for the sidebar should be the full name, "Right Inner Sidebar", but I haven't tested like this. I'm leaving my site without any of the sidebars for the moment.

Thank you, Juggledad
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:24 AM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
I have found a straightforward solution to this problem. In the functions.php simply register a further sidebar. In the 'name' field use the ATA name e.g. Right Sidebar, and use a different 'id':

\wp-content\plugins\jetpack\modules\minileven\theme\pu b\minileven\

function minileven_widgets_init() {
register_sidebar( array(
'name' => __( 'Main Sidebar', 'jetpack' ),
'id' => 'sidebar-1',
'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
'after_widget' => "</aside>",
'before_title' => '<h3 class="widget-title">',
'after_title' => '</h3>',
) );
register_sidebar( array(
'name' => __( 'Right Sidebar', 'jetpack' ),
'id' => 'sidebar-2',
'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
'after_widget' => "</aside>",
'before_title' => '<h3 class="widget-title">',
'after_title' => '</h3>',
) );

}

Then in the sidebar.php file add:

<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'Right Sidebar' ); ?>

Last edited by hollidaysjohn; Jan 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 08:42 PM
Koukla

11 posts · Jan 2011
I am also using the Jetpack plugin (actually Slim Jetpack) and the sidebar was not working at all on the mobile site. I read this article from the publisher of the plugin which was helpful: http://jetpack.me/support/mobile-theme/. I ended up editing the widgets.php file to register a new sidebar called "sidebar-1". I found instructions on how to do that here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_...gister_sidebar. I'm not sure what the difference between editing the functions.php or widgets.php would be, but it is working for me.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 08:46 PM
Koukla

11 posts · Jan 2011
I should also add that I ended up recreating the content I have in my regular sidebar to "sidebar-1". The way I understood it was that since sidebar-1 is not referenced anywhere in the Atahualpa theme, then it will not affect the desktop site. I hope this helps someone with a similar problem.