Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Wonky comment indent

Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:05 AM
lctkw

10 posts · Feb 2009
http://waslost.thecoffeespoon.net/20...ork-one-2-one/

I'm not sure if this was the intended effect, but my first-level replies (second-level comments) are indented too much to the right for my taste. I've tried editing it with this code, but no dice...
HTML Code:
ul.commentlist li ul.children li.depth-2 {
    margin: 10px 0 0 5px !important;
    }
Interestingly, depth 3 onwards seems to be working fine (even without the !important)... How do I get my second level comments changed?

Last edited by lctkw; Apr 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:05 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Your code is correct, but it is not working because that specific 2nd level comment is an author comment which gets its own style

HTML Code:
 ul.children div.bypostauthor {
margin:10px 0 0 30px;
}
I am not even sure if this ul.children div.bypostauthor is needed, will have to look through all the comments styling again. The first reply level (2nd overall comment level) used to be not indented at all to save horizontal space, in earlier theme versions but I changed this to have all sub level comments indented

Keep your style and reset the extra left margin for div.bypostauthor:
HTML Code:
ul.commentlist li ul.children li.depth-2 div.bypostauthor {
    margin-left: 0 !important;
    }