Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

upgrading to version 3.6: CSS issues

Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:03 AM
fex

4 posts · Jan 2011
Aarhus, DK
Hi everyone,
I guess I did something stupid and need some advice. I have some CSS issues and lost all formatting of the css.php while trying to solve the problem.

I updated today to 3.6 via the automatic option (not manually). Beforehand I was running 3.5.3 (I believe). WP Version is 3.0.4.

Now I ran into some CSS issues and tried, after having done some research, to apply the fix.

Unfortunately, when applying the fix I saved the css.php with notepad and now have a mess in the file = everything in 2 lines without formatting (smart me, I know). Furthermore I do not have a backup of the css.php. (even smarter, huh?)

Besides the syntax error I'm getting now for the css.php, any idea if/how I can have Atahualpa recreate a properly formatted css.php?

As you can tell I'm not very sophisticated
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
download a new copy of the theme (http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=96) unzip it and upload a fresh copy of css.php
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:48 AM
fex

4 posts · Jan 2011
Aarhus, DK
Thank you! I included the fix and now the frontend is simply grey without anything on it (had that before).

The CSS seems not to be processed completely. The code of the the page stops in the part of the "LOGO AREA" of the css.php. More precise: after the black lines, the red one is not processed/doesn't appear.

Code:
table#logoarea {

width: 100%;

border-spacing: 0px;

<?php include('bfa://logoarea_style') ?>

}
Any suggestions?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have at ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Logo Area: Styling?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:17 AM
fex

4 posts · Jan 2011
Aarhus, DK
Nothing: blank (default)
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
edit header.php and add this as the first line
HTML Code:
<?php global $templateURI,  $homeURL; ?>
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:35 AM
fex

4 posts · Jan 2011
Aarhus, DK
Doesn't really change anything, the CSS processing is still stuck at the same place
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
send me a PM with a admin ID/PW so I can take a look.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:49 PM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
This change to this new protocol "bfa://" will break a lot of sites...

This is what shows up in the logs:
ALERT - Include filename ('bfa://logoarea_style') is an URL that is not allowed

EDIT: This is an alert produced by Suhosin

Last edited by interfasys; Jan 11, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:03 PM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
And the solution is...
Drum roll!
Tadaaaa!

Code:
# cd /home/user/public_html
# nano .htaccess
Paste this at the beginning
Code:
php_value suhosin.executor.include.whitelist bfa://
This will only work if your host lets you override some of the suhosin restrictions...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:21 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am looking into this. The thing is "eval" isn't allowed anymore on themes listed at wordpress.org because eval can be used to do fishy things.

Stream wrappers seemed to be the ideal alternative, I even planned to use stream wrappers more often in the future.

Eval and stream wrappers can be used to insert user code that contains PHP. With eval and stream wrappers the PHP is processed instead of just being printed. In Atahualpa it's used to process the PHP code that a user may have inserted into any of the text areas in the theme options.

The only alternatives I can currently think of:
  • Use one of the default existinging stream wrappers. Not sure right now if this is even possible
  • Write the content of user PHP code to a temporary file first, then include that file. This seems like a waste of resources but maybe it's not that bad.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
I'm not entirely sure, but I think using those stream wrappers is slower than normal calls.
While migrating to 3.6.1, I was doing lots of tests and ended up very often with broken pages. the CSS was never fully loaded or was getting messed up.
Could be the caching system, minification or other things, but since it's CSS related, I suspect that there could be an issue here.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:51 PM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
I can confirm that there is something very broken with the way the pages are built in 3.6.1.
I've done tests disabling all cache and got the same results.

Some pages end up being corrupt. I can see multiple copies of the same content or missing css classes or missing content. It happens at random and sometimes reloading the page doesn't even fix it.

Other themes or Atahulapa 3.5.3 don't have these problems.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can you point to an example?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:44 PM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
Sure, go here:
http://atahualpa.light.keoxia.com/

Just keep clicking on links, even the same one and you should see a lot of breakage. Somtimes it's just the end of the page that doesn't render correctly, or CSS show up as text or fonts are all wrong.

I had to enable external CSS loading, otherwise, it's a disaster.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the only thing I see is that if you click on a category or recent post, there is an extra footer but I don't have the same issue on my test install. (on a mac using Safari)

Could you export your settings (ATO->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:53 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
The extra footer is one of the lightest side effects.
It's kind of difficult to predict which combination of page switching will generate a problem, but if you constantly switch very quickly, it will start to appear.

No need to export the settings, they're the default. I haven't touched anything, so as to not taint the experiment.

Both suhosin and mod_security are active, so content is filtered, but I have zero problems with other, less advanced, themes.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please disable 'theme my login' plugin and see what happens
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:43 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
I've just tried and, unfortunately, it didn't change anything.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
i'm still seeing it's style sheet (??)
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:57 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
Yes, because I had to re-enable it, it's a network plugin.
I just did some test while it was disabled for a few minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:07 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
I forgot to add that the side effects are easier to see on Chrome
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:41 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Not sure if this has anything to do with your problems, but see the stray greater-than symbol?
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0645vo69f

I don't see any of the problems you're reporting in Chrome or Safari on a Mac.

EDIT: OK, I looked at it again just now, in Chrome, and there are problems: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0295vp7ed

Last edited by paulae; Jan 13, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
interfasys

46 posts · Aug 2010
Switzerland
Thx for taking a look. That's exactly what I'm talking about. You can get some minor problems like the sign you mentioned or a font that is wrong, but sometimes it can be multiple copies of the header, completely wrong colours, etc.

I'm guessing none of you are experiencing these issues with your installations of 3.6.1?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:47 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I have Atahualpa 3.6.1 installed on a test site here: http://fastwomen.com/

I just reverted back to the default theme options. I'm not seeing the problems you're seeing, although I do see the tab problem: if you are not logged in, and type your name in the Name field, then hit Tab, you jump to the message field, not to Email.