Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Can I eliminate the right-hand sidebar(s) entirely on Pages but not on Home page?

Old Nov 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
lansingonline

1 posts · Nov 2009
I have found some info that comes close, but I want to eliminate the right-hand sidebar(s) altogether on Pages but not the Home page.

Doable? If so, how?

Thanks -

Bonnie B
Old Nov 22, 2009, 03:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just select only the Hompage in the appropriate places in the "Style and configure sidebars" section.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar: Display on: and RIGHT INNER sidebar: Display on:

If you only want to eliminate them on some pages, get teh page ID and put it in the 'RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' and 'RIGHT INNER sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' options
Old Nov 24, 2009, 07:18 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
This is a bit different kind of question:

I need to have a single post with no sidebars. There is no way in the ATA Options to do this, that I can see. I think the functions.php would have to be modified, but I'm not sure how to do it. Just do some kind of "if is" statement?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when you say 'single post' are you displaying that on a single page? because you could exclude that page. Or do you want the sidebare when the post is on a multi post page and if someone clicks on it, then you don't want the sidebars showing, but only on that post?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:11 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Not a Page, a post. It's a post in the history category where we want to put some old content that's very wide and overflows the sidebars, so I want no sidebars on just that post, and not on the history category itself. So none of the theme options in the sidebar config area will help.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
some old content that's very wide and overflows the sidebars,
now I'm really confused and curious. What type of content? Text? Images?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:45 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
http://www.larchmontgazette.com/hist...-breaks-loose/
This is what we did last night to get the story out there before we knock off to do our Thanksgiving cooking. We wanted to reproduce the layout of our pre-Wordpress HTML page, with a wide extra left column with other links to the 1922 paper. We left that off so we could sort of fit this into the ATA center column.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
paula, edit bfa_get_options.php and go to line 193 (version 3.4.4) which should be
HTML Code:
// Put the sidebar results into our global options variable in case we need it somewhere else:
add the following just before it
HTML Code:
if ($bfa_ata['current_page_id'] == '8941') {
	$left_col = "off"; $cols--;
	$right_col = "off"; $cols--;
		}
that will shut off the sidebars just for that post
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:01 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
That worked! Thank you! Now we'll fill in the newly freed-up space with the other content we wanted. Super!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:28 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I spoke too soon. It did work, but the code seems to have disrupted something else. This is the email I just got from my partner:

Quote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/web/users/a0018537/html/wp27/wp-content/themes/atahualpa344/functions/bfa_get_options.php:1) in /usr/home/web/users/a0018537/html/wp27/wp-admin/async-upload.php on line 24

I'm getting this when I try to change the image on our Advertise page. There is an error with the banner illustration - our new banner is 760 x 60 (NOT 120 ) It let me change the text, but not the image.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not sure if this will help, but I realized it is 'better' code than I gave you originally. try this instead
HTML Code:
if ($bfa_ata['current_page_id'] == '8941') {
	if ($left_col == "on") { $left_col = "off"; $cols--; }
	if ($left_col2 == "on") { $left_col2 = "off"; $cols--; }
	if ($right_col == "on") { $right_col = "off"; $cols--; }
	if ($right_col2 == "on") { $right_col2 = "off"; $cols--; }
		}
Make sure the module doesn' have any invisable or blanks at the ent - like an extra line or two
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:54 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Well, I tried that and got the same error when I tried to delete another post. Then I removed any of your new code, and got the same error again. I've now uploaded a fresh copy of that file, and all is well again. I dunno....
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In that case, something odd is happening with your editor. What are you using to edit the module?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I use Filezilla to FTP and Textwrangler for editing. I wonder if the settings in TW somehow got messed up? It's set for Unix.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if your talking about the 'translate line breaks' I've got mine set to Unix (LF)

One thing I have run into a number of times is if I copy from a post on the forum and paste it into my code, some invisible characteres get copied. If you set Textwrangler to show invisibles, I'll see some black dots where it looks like spaces should be. I delete teh black dots and enter a space.

But that generally causes a t-string error...