Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Advice on a Calendar Plugin

Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:55 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Hi everyone,
This is a little off topic, but I'd like to tap into this great community!

I'm building a website for a church (using Atahualpa, of course!) and want to put in a calendar sidebar list of events and dates and time.

The "Calendar" plugin by Kieran O'Shea comes close, but as it's a church, there might be events that might occur multiple times in one day. (Good Friday, etc.) I can put in multiple events on the same day with "Calendar" but it would look odd to have the same header show up 3 times each with a different time.

Does anyone know of a calendar plugin that will allow the same event with multiple times on the same day?

Thanks!
Ken
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I never thought of this situation where you need multiple times for a single event. I did a little search and saw this new plugin which may help. It parses the Google calendar for the week with time slots. It may not be very powerful right now but the idea has potential.

For instance one downside is I didn't see a way to get more info for a particular event by clicking on it but I suppose you could embed the full Google calender on the same page for that.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 02:04 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Hi Larry,
Thanks! I'll take a look at that... Though I'm trying to keep everything within WordPress as they aren't very technical and, easy as it is, having to go "off-site" to do their calendar might squick them a bit! LOL

Thanks!
Ken
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Squick? Never heard that one but I know what you mean. Here is an event plugin which I just found that does allow for multiple times.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:18 AM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Squick? Never heard that one but I know what you mean. Here is an event plugin which I just found that does allow for multiple times.
I have used this calendar for a while, but there have been no updating since 2009, and now it has some problems with the latest wp-versions.
I am looking for another plug-in.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Lund
I have used this calendar for a while, but there have been no updating since 2009, and now it has some problems with the latest wp-versions.
I am looking for another plug-in.
If you check that link you will see that this particular plugin was updated in Feb of this year (2011). You must be thinking of another events calendar. I probably should have named the link "Event Calendar 3 for PHP 5.3".
Old Jul 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
Per Lund

65 posts · Aug 2009
Sorry about that, you are absolutely right.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:15 AM
kunz

12 posts · Sep 2011
Sydney
One of my favourites:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...vent-calendar/