Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Remove footer from specific posts

Old Nov 24, 2009, 09:42 AM
jmdr

7 posts · Nov 2009
Is it possible to remove the post footer from specific posts on both multi- and single-post pages?

I use atahualpa for my photoblog and have customized it to include a link to purchase each image in the post footer. Occasionally, I write a post without a photo, and would like to remove that line (or the whole footer if need be) from those posts. These posts generally fall into a single category (or I could create a custom category or tag for these posts).

Thanks!
Jonathan
Old Nov 24, 2009, 10:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could put a php IF on the post footer area of 'The LOOP' so you would change
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
to
\
HTML Code:
<?php if (!in_category('5')) { bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); } ?>
where category '5' is the category id of the things you dont want. I'd create a category called 'Do not display footer'
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:33 PM
jmdr

7 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks Juggledad, that works almost perfect! Is there a way to exclude just a portion of the footer? (i.e. exclude my customization to the footers in the post/page info items on specific pages, rather than the excluding the whole footer)

'all the best
Old Nov 25, 2009, 06:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You would have to go into the code to do that, hoiwever I have a suggestion. If you are not using it already, why not use the kicker or byline?

You could rearange 'THE LOOP' so the kicker comes just before the footer, then have the link for the ordering in it and use the php IF on it. Then you don't have to mess with the footer
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:35 AM
jmdr

7 posts · Nov 2009
Of course--great suggestion, and I used the same php IF to exclude the kicker from specific posts. Thanks!