Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Layout WIDTH vs. Layout Container

Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:44 AM
Olivier

9 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

First of all, congratulations on a fantastic Theme. I have stuggled in the past with other themes to make them work for me; now I have found one that indeed I do not have to fight with to get excellent results... So BIG thanks for this

OK, on with my question...:

Is there a way to define the layout width and the layout container in an independent way? I explain. I would like to be able to set the width of the Header, Page Bar, Category Bar, and Footer to a different width than the in-between section namely, sidebars and center column. So that I can for instance set the width of the Header, Page Bar, Category Bar, and Footer to 100%, while the in-between section (sidebars and center column) set at say 90%

Anyone can help with this one?

Many thanks

Cheers,

Olivier
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:08 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You cannot as header, body (with sidebars and middle column) and footer are one single table.

You may be able to achieve the effect you're looking for by putting divs into the sidebars and setting a left padding on the left sidebar and a right padding on the right sidebar

header.php

<?php if ( $bfa_ata['left_col'] == "on" ) { ?>
<!-- Left Sidebar -->
<td id="left">
<div id="left-sidebar">
<?php // Widgetize the Left Sidebar
if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Left Sidebar') ) : ?>

<div class="widget widget_categories"><div class="widget-title">
<h3><?php _e('Categories','atahualpa'); ?></h3>
</div><div class="widget-content">
<ul>
<?php wp_list_categories('show_count=1&title_li='); ?>
</ul>
</div></div>

<div class="widget widget_archive"><div class="widget-title">
<h3><?php _e('Archives','atahualpa'); ?></h3>
<ul>
<?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly'); ?>
</ul>
</div></div>

<?php endif; ?>
</div>
</td>
<!-- / Left Sidebar -->
<?php } ?>

and footer.php

<?php if ( $bfa_ata['right_col'] == "on" ) { ?>
<!-- Right Sidebar -->
<td id="right">
<div id="right-sidebar">
<?php // Widgetize the Right Sidebar
if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Right Sidebar') ) : ?>

<div class="widget"><div class="widget-title">
<h3>Recent Posts</h3></div><div class="widget-content">
<?php $r = new WP_Query(array(
'showposts' => 20,
'what_to_show' => 'posts',
'nopaging' => 0,
'post_status' => 'publish',
'caller_get_posts' => 1));
if ($r->have_posts()) : ?>
<ul>
<?php while ($r->have_posts()) : $r->the_post(); ?>
<li><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php if ( get_the_title() ) the_title(); else the_ID(); ?> </a></li>
<?php endwhile; ?>
</ul>
<?php wp_reset_query(); // Restore global post data stomped by the_post().
endif; ?>
</div></div>

<?php wp_list_bookmarks('category_before=&category_after =&title_before=<h3>&title_after=</h3></div><div class="widget-content">'); ?>
</div></div>

<h3><?php _e('Meta','atahualpa'); ?></h3>
<ul>
<?php wp_register(); ?>
<li><?php wp_loginout(); ?></li>
<li><a href="http://wordpress.org/" title="
<?php _e('Powered by WordPress, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.','atahualpa'); ?>">
<?php _e('WordPress','atahualpa'); ?></a></li>
<?php wp_meta(); ?>
</ul>
</div></div>

<?php endif; ?>
</div>
</td>
<!-- / Right Sidebar -->
<?php } ?>

Theme Options -> Stye & Configure SIDEBARS

LEFT Sidebar Style:
padding: 10px 10px 10px 150px;

RIGHT Sidebar Style:
padding: 10px 150px 10px 10px;
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:18 PM
Olivier

9 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks Flynn. Wow! I sure appreciate the fast reply on this. Still need to try it and decide upon visualisation of the results. Still, Thanks for the feedback. Great stuff.

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Olivier